Rock the Mailbox TERMS OF SERVICE
The web sites, applications, services and content on RocktheMailbox.com and its affiliated sites and services ("Rock the Mailbox") are offered on the condition that you agree to the following terms.
EACH TIME YOU ACCESS, USE OR REGISTER FOR ROCK THE MAILBOX, YOU ARE SIGNIFYING YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (EITHER THE "TERMS OF SERVICE" OR "AGREEMENT"), AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY APPLICABLE LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. In addition, when using Rock the Mailbox, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services, which may be posted and modified from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms of Service.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms of Service, and all applicable laws and regulations. You may not use Rock the Mailbox if you do not agree to these Terms of Service. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Changes to terms or service
Rock the Mailbox is always seeking to improve, and as such we may make changes to the terms of this Agreement, and/or the form and nature of services that we provide at any time. If there are any changes or modifications we will announce that these changes have been made on our home page and on other key pages in the Rock the Mailbox site. You assume the responsibility to review this Agreement on a regular basis to keep yourself informed of any modifications. If you disagree with any material changes to this Agreement, you must discontinue your use of Rock the Mailbox. Your continued use of Rock the Mailbox after any changes take effect signifies your agreement to the new Terms of Service.
Registration and Eligibility
Registration with Rock the Mailbox is optional; however access to certain areas of our website is restricted to registered users. Upon completing the registration process by providing Rock the Mailbox with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the registration form, we will open an individual member profile account, which we will refer to as a "profile" in this Agreement.
In order to register and create a profile with Rock the Mailbox, you must meet the following qualifications:
- You represent that you are authorized by your principal or employer company to have full power and authority to register with Rock the Mailbox on behalf of that business
- You must provide true, accurate, current and complete registration information.
- You agree to keep this information up-to-date.
- You must abide at all times with the Terms of this Agreement.
We are not responsible if we are unable to communicate with you because you have not kept your registration information up to date.
Registered users will create their own username and password. You acknowledge that we may refuse to permit any username at our discretion. Once a user’s profile is complete with a user name and password, you are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access Rock the Mailbox and for any activities and actions under your password. You agree to not permit or use other’s account, nor will you allow the use of or charge anyone for access to any part of your account.
Once you create a profile, that information becomes property of Rock the Mailbox.
Rock the Mailbox cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above.
If you purchase any services that we offer for a fee, either on a one-time or subscription basis (“Premium Services”), you agree to Rock the Mailbox storing your payment information. You also agree to pay the applicable fees for the Premium Services (including, without limitation, periodic fees for premium accounts) as they become due plus all related taxes, and to reimburse us for all collection costs and interest for any overdue amounts. Failure to pay may result in the termination of your subscription. Depending on where you transact with us, the type of payment method used and where your payment method was issued, your transaction with us may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices, including because of exchange rates. Rock the Mailbox does not support all payment methods, currencies or locations for payment. Your obligation to pay fees continues through the end of the subscription period during which you cancel your subscription. All applicable taxes are calculated based on the billing information you provide us at the time of purchase. You may cancel or suspend your Premium Services at any time. We do not guarantee refunds for lack of usage or dissatisfaction. You also acknowledge that Rock the Mailbox Premium Services are subject to this Agreement and any additional terms related to the provision of the Premium Service.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. As such, Rock the Mailbox has developed a Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of information that is submitted to us. The policy can be found at
Content on Rock the Mailbox
You own the information you provide Rock the Mailbox under this Agreement, and you can control how it is shared. You may request its deletion at any time, unless you have shared information or content with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users. Additionally, you grant Rock the Mailbox a nonexclusive, irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license to us to copy, use, host, store, modify, communicate, publicly display and distribute this content. Any information you submit to us is at your own risk of loss. By providing information to us, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to submit the information and that the information is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights. When you publish content or information on Rock the Mailbox, it means that you are allowing everyone, including those outside of Rock the Mailbox, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you. It is your responsibility to keep your Rock the Mailbox profile information accurate and updated.
All content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such content. We may not monitor or control the content posted, and cannot take responsibility for such content. Any use or reliance on any content or material posted is at your own risk. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any content or communications posted on the service, or endorse any opinion expressed via the services.
You agree to indemnify and hold Rock the Mailbox harmless from and against any and all liabilities or expenses arising from or in any way related to your use of this Website or the Services or information offered on this Website, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and solicitors fees of every kind and nature incurred by you or any third parties through you.
User shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware, software and other equipment needed for access to and use of Rock the Mailbox and all related charges.
Rock the Mailbox Rights & Obligations
Rock the Mailbox will continuously seek to grow and improve its services. As such, we will allow you access to Rock the Mailbox in its then current form, and we have no other obligations, except as otherwise stated in this Agreement. We may change, modify, suspend or discontinue part or all of the Services for you or all members at our sole discretion. All changes shall be effective upon their posting on Rock the Mailbox or by direct communication to you. Rock the Mailbox reserves the right to remove, withhold or discard any content with or without notice if deemed by us to be contrary to this Agreement. Rock the Mailbox has no obligation to maintain or provide a copy of any content that you or other members provide without using the Services.
Connections with other Members
Rock the Mailbox is a business to business directory and marketing tool at its core. As such, members may use our site to contact other members. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members. When you share information, others can see, copy and use that information.
Rock the Mailbox enables sharing of information by allowing users to post updates, including links to news articles and other information to their profile and other parts of the site. Rock the Mailbox members can create profiles for free, however, Rock the Mailbox, in its sole discretion, may close or transfer or remove content from them if the content violates this Agreement or others’ intellectual property rights. Please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by other Members, and Rock the Mailbox cannot guarantee that other Members will not use the ideas and information that you share on Rock the Mailbox. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential or don’t want others to use, or that is subject to third party rights that may be infringed by your sharing it, do not post it to Rock the Mailbox. ROCK THE MAILBOX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANOTHER’S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST ON ROCK THE MAILBOX.
Restrictions on Content and Use of Rock the Mailbox
If you participate in any feature on Rock the Mailbox that allows users to share, modify, or combine user Content with other Content, you grant us and our users an irrevocable, royalty free, , perpetual, worldwide right and license to use, share, reproduce, modify, display, distribute and perform your Content on Rock the Mailbox. Any suggestions or ideas that you submit to us become our property and can be used by us for any purpose. We will not pay you for your submissions. We may refuse to publish, and may remove the Content from Rock the Mailbox at any time and for any reason. You represent and warrant to us that you have all rights necessary for you to grant the permissions in this section.
In addition to the restrictions specified above, you may not use Rock the Mailbox to submit Content or engage in any conduct that:
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally by engaging in unprofessional behavior by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content to Rock the Mailbox;
- Posts or transmits any advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- Violates or infringes the rights of others including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity, privacy, or other proprietary rights;
- Discloses anyone's identification documents, sensitive financial information or other private or sensitive information;
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions, or accounts of, sexual acts;
- Publishes falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage any person or entity, or is otherwise defamatory, libelous or deceptive;
- Victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Impersonates any person, business or entity, including without limitation, impersonating others to post favorable comments to your profile or business;
- Contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of a computer or computer network;
- Violates any applicable local, state, federal, national or international law, statute, ordinance, or regulation including, without limitation, Credit Card Association rules, consumer protection laws, laws regulating tobacco-related products and electronic cigarette sales, and laws pertaining to unfair competition, false advertising and antidiscrimination;
- Promotes any form of gambling or lottery type services not affiliated with a state-run lottery service;
- Promotes dating, escort, strip-tease acts or prostitution;
- Is associated with illegal telecommunications or cable television equipment;
- Is associated with the sale of (a) any controlled drug that requires a prescription from a licensed practitioner unless you are authorized by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy to offer such products as a Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Site and only if such a prescription has been issued by the practitioner after a bona fide examination of the patient; or (b) any over-the-counter drug, unless the sale of such product, without a prescription, has been approved by the Food & Drug Administration; or (c) nonprescription drugs that make false or misleading treatment claims or treatment claims that require FDA approval; or (d) any drug or controlled substance that Rock the Mailbox believes to be or may become harmful, unlawful, or prohibited;
- Violate Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Housing Act or the Fair Credit Reporting Act;
- Involves posting "fake" endorsements or recommendations; or
- Encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, or that gives rise to civil liability.
- Harass, abuse or harm another person, including sending unwelcomed communications to others using Rock the Mailbox;
- Use or attempt to use another's account or create a false identity
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any content that includes information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements)
- Infringe upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Participate, directly or indirectly, in the setting up or development of a network that seeks to implement practices that are similar to sales by network or the recruitment of independent home salespeople for the purposes of creating a pyramid scheme or other similar practices;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Services, or any part thereof;
- Imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Rock the Mailbox unless you have entered into a written agreement with Rock the Mailbox (this includes, but is not limited to, representing yourself as an accredited Rock the Mailbox trainer if you have not been certified by Rock the Mailbox as such);
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on Rock the Mailbox, including those of both Rock the Mailbox and any of its licensors;
- Remove, cover or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included on Rock the Mailbox;
- Share information of non- Members without their express consent;
- Infringe or use Rock the Mailbox brand, logos or trademarks
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the site;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access Rock the Mailbox, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages, or perform other similar activities through Rock the Mailbox, unless explicitly permitted by Rock the Mailbox;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of Rock the Mailbox website;
- Attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying Rock the Mailbox;
- Interfere or disrupt or game Rock the Mailbox or the Services, including, but not limited to, any servers or networks connected to Rock the Mailbox, or Rock the Mailbox search algorithms.
You acknowledge that posting Content that violate the terms of this Agreement, the rights of others, or any applicable law or regulation, may result in civil or criminal liability. You represent and warrant to us that your conduct on Rock the Mailbox will at all times comply with the terms of this Agreement. You are solely responsible for backing up any Content that you store on any customizable area on Rock the Mailbox. We are not responsible for the loss of any data or content you elect to store on Rock the Mailbox.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exist on all text relating to Rock the Mailbox services and the full content of the website.
Rock the Mailbox logo is a registered trademark of the company in the United States and other countries. The brand names and specific services of the company featured on the website are trademarked. Other trademarks and logos used in connection with Rock the Mailbox may be the trademarks of their respective owners. This Agreement does not grant you any right or license with respect to any such trademarks and logos.
Ending the Terms / Severability
Either Rock the Mailbox or user may terminate this Agreement at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, Rock the Mailbox shall have the right to immediately terminate User’s account in the event of any conduct by user which Rock the Mailbox, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by user of this agreement.
Upon notice to Rock the Mailbox cancellation will be effective upon Rock the Mailbox processing your notice. This cancellation shall be effective immediately or as may be specified in the notice. Only Rock the Mailbox or the party paying for the services may terminate your access to any Premium Services. Termination of your account includes disabling your access to Rock the Mailbox and may also preclude you from any future use of Rock the Mailbox.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
Your access and use of Rock the Mailbox and its website and Services are at your own risk. You understand and agree that the services are provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Rock the Mailbox offers content for general information, discussion, education and entertainment purposes only. Nothing in Rock the Mailbox is intended, nor shall be construed or assumed to be a recommendation or endorsement. We do not endorse opinions expressed by any user. We reserve the right, but shall have no obligation or responsibility to filter, screen, modify, or refuse or remove any or all content that violates this agreement, as we determine in our sole discretion.
This Website may contain links that direct you outside of this Website. These links are provided for your convenience and are not an express or implied indication that we endorse or approve of the linked Website, Its contents or any associated website, product or service. Rock the Mailbox has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Services and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Rock the Mailbox of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
Limitation of Liability
We take no responsibility for the accuracy of any of the content or statements contained on this Website or in relation to our Services. Statements made are byway of general comment only and you should satisfy yourself as to their accuracy. Further, all of our Services are provided without a warranty with the exception of any warranties provided by law. We are not liable for any damages whatsoever, incurred as a result of or relating to the use of the Website or our Services.
Waiver and Severability
The failure of Rock the Mailbox to enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement and any related action will be governed by the laws of the State of Maryland without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state or country of residence. All claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with the Services will be brought solely in the federal or state courts located in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States, and you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum.
If you are a federal, state, or local government entity in the United States using the Services in your official capacity and legally unable to accept the controlling law, jurisdiction or venue clauses above, then those clauses do not apply to you. For such U.S. federal government entities, these Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the United States of America (without reference to conflict of laws) and, in the absence of federal law and to the extent permitted under federal law, the laws of the State of Maryland (excluding choice of law).
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may be modified in writing and any such modifications must be signed by both the Discloser and the Recipient.
These Services are operated and provided by:
Rock the Mailbox
P.O. Box 498
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Effective: July 1, 2014